Aug 24, 2014, 1:21 PM EDT
Miguel Cabrera aggravated a lingering right ankle injury Wednesday night on a slide into home plate. He has appeared in — and recorded at least one hit in — every game since, but the issue won’t go away.
According to MLB.com’s Jason Beck, the Detroit slugger is sitting out of Sunday’s series finale against the Twins to rest his ailing right ankle.
Cabrera is currently sporting an .885 OPS, which would be his lowest OPS since 2004.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 36
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 51
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 49
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11