Aug 24, 2014, 1:21 PM EST
Miguel Cabrera aggravated a lingering right ankle injury Wednesday night on a slide into home plate. He has appeared in — and recorded at least one hit in — every game since, but the issue won’t go away.
According to MLB.com’s Jason Beck, the Detroit slugger is sitting out of Sunday’s series finale against the Twins to rest his ailing right ankle.
Cabrera is currently sporting an .885 OPS, which would be his lowest OPS since 2004.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 7
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 53
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 139
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (139)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)