Aug 24, 2014, 1:21 PM EDT
Miguel Cabrera aggravated a lingering right ankle injury Wednesday night on a slide into home plate. He has appeared in — and recorded at least one hit in — every game since, but the issue won’t go away.
According to MLB.com’s Jason Beck, the Detroit slugger is sitting out of Sunday’s series finale against the Twins to rest his ailing right ankle.
Cabrera is currently sporting an .885 OPS, which would be his lowest OPS since 2004.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)