Aug 25, 2014, 9:28 AM EDT
The Athletics have placed catcher John Jaso on the seven-day concussion disabled list.
Jaso began experiencing concussion-like symptoms two weeks ago when he took a foul tip hard off his mask. They got even worse this weekend, and he says his symptoms have escalated. This, along with Stephen Vogt‘s bum foot, explains the Geovany Soto trade from yesterday.
This is not Jaso’s first dance with brain injuries. He sat out the final two months of the 2013 regular season and the playoffs due to a severe concussion that he suffered in July of last season when, as here, he was struck in the mask on back-to-back nights with stray foul tips.
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 54
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 31
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 8
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)