Aug 25, 2014, 9:28 AM EDT
The Athletics have placed catcher John Jaso on the seven-day concussion disabled list.
Jaso began experiencing concussion-like symptoms two weeks ago when he took a foul tip hard off his mask. They got even worse this weekend, and he says his symptoms have escalated. This, along with Stephen Vogt‘s bum foot, explains the Geovany Soto trade from yesterday.
This is not Jaso’s first dance with brain injuries. He sat out the final two months of the 2013 regular season and the playoffs due to a severe concussion that he suffered in July of last season when, as here, he was struck in the mask on back-to-back nights with stray foul tips.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)