Aug 25, 2014, 9:28 AM EDT
The Athletics have placed catcher John Jaso on the seven-day concussion disabled list.
Jaso began experiencing concussion-like symptoms two weeks ago when he took a foul tip hard off his mask. They got even worse this weekend, and he says his symptoms have escalated. This, along with Stephen Vogt‘s bum foot, explains the Geovany Soto trade from yesterday.
This is not Jaso’s first dance with brain injuries. He sat out the final two months of the 2013 regular season and the playoffs due to a severe concussion that he suffered in July of last season when, as here, he was struck in the mask on back-to-back nights with stray foul tips.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 101
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (101)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)