Aug 25, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
Mariners second baseman Robinson Cano took himself out of Sunday afternoon’s game against the Red Sox in the bottom of the third inning after experiencing dizziness which he attributed to the flu. He’s either sucking it up bigtime today or else the flu was of the 24-hour variety, as he’s expected to be in the lineup today.
The Mariners are a game ahead of the Tigers for the second wild card slot at the moment. You have to figure Cano would play even is arm got lopped off in an industrial accident.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (100)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)