Aug 25, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
Mariners second baseman Robinson Cano took himself out of Sunday afternoon’s game against the Red Sox in the bottom of the third inning after experiencing dizziness which he attributed to the flu. He’s either sucking it up bigtime today or else the flu was of the 24-hour variety, as he’s expected to be in the lineup today.
The Mariners are a game ahead of the Tigers for the second wild card slot at the moment. You have to figure Cano would play even is arm got lopped off in an industrial accident.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)