Aug 25, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
Mariners second baseman Robinson Cano took himself out of Sunday afternoon’s game against the Red Sox in the bottom of the third inning after experiencing dizziness which he attributed to the flu. He’s either sucking it up bigtime today or else the flu was of the 24-hour variety, as he’s expected to be in the lineup today.
The Mariners are a game ahead of the Tigers for the second wild card slot at the moment. You have to figure Cano would play even is arm got lopped off in an industrial accident.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 69
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 80
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 62
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)