Aug 25, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
Mariners second baseman Robinson Cano took himself out of Sunday afternoon’s game against the Red Sox in the bottom of the third inning after experiencing dizziness which he attributed to the flu. He’s either sucking it up bigtime today or else the flu was of the 24-hour variety, as he’s expected to be in the lineup today.
The Mariners are a game ahead of the Tigers for the second wild card slot at the moment. You have to figure Cano would play even is arm got lopped off in an industrial accident.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)