Aug 25, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
From the police blotter:
New York Yankees Minor League right-handed pitcher Andy Beresford and Minor League first baseman Leonard Thompson have each received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for an Amphetamine. Beresford is currently on the roster of the Single-A Charleston RiverDogs of the South Atlantic League, while Thompson is on the roster of the rookie-level Gulf Coast League Yankees. The suspensions of both players are effective immediately.
So, like, I guess the Bombers will have to look elsewhere for backup plans for Tanaka and Teixeira.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 53
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 82
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (238)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)