Aug 25, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
From the police blotter:
New York Yankees Minor League right-handed pitcher Andy Beresford and Minor League first baseman Leonard Thompson have each received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for an Amphetamine. Beresford is currently on the roster of the Single-A Charleston RiverDogs of the South Atlantic League, while Thompson is on the roster of the rookie-level Gulf Coast League Yankees. The suspensions of both players are effective immediately.
So, like, I guess the Bombers will have to look elsewhere for backup plans for Tanaka and Teixeira.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)