Aug 26, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
White Sox center fielder Adam Eaton is off the disabled list after missing the past three weeks with a strained oblique muscle.
Eaton was playing extremely well before the injury, hitting .419 in his last 25 games, and he went 3-for-10 with a stolen base on a brief minor-league rehab assignment at Triple-A.
Acquired from the Diamondbacks in the three-team deal involving Hector Santiago this offseason, Eaton has hit .304 with a .370 on-base percentage and .771 OPS in 94 games overall while making several highlight-reel catches in center field. At age 25 he looks like a long-term building block for Chicago and another player let go too soon by Arizona.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 88
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 15
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 40
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 350
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (350)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (189)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)