Aug 26, 2014, 11:18 PM EDT
Yadier Molina took a round of batting practice on Tuesday night at Double-A Springfield and has been cleared to catch five or six innings there Wednesday in his first minor league rehab game. This according to Kary Booher of the Springfield News-Leader.
“My thumb feels great,” Molina told Booher after his on-field workout, which included catching a bullpen session and then signing autographs for the fans in Springfield. “I’m in really good shape. I’m happy with the way everything is going. I can’t wait for tomorrow. I’m going to be nervous. … It’s been a long time. It’s been the longest two months ever. But I’m so excited to come back on the field.”
Molina tore the ulnar collateral ligament in his right (throwing) thumb on July 9.
He could be back behind the plate for St. Louis at some point this weekend.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)