Aug 26, 2014, 11:18 PM EST
Yadier Molina took a round of batting practice on Tuesday night at Double-A Springfield and has been cleared to catch five or six innings there Wednesday in his first minor league rehab game. This according to Kary Booher of the Springfield News-Leader.
“My thumb feels great,” Molina told Booher after his on-field workout, which included catching a bullpen session and then signing autographs for the fans in Springfield. “I’m in really good shape. I’m happy with the way everything is going. I can’t wait for tomorrow. I’m going to be nervous. … It’s been a long time. It’s been the longest two months ever. But I’m so excited to come back on the field.”
Molina tore the ulnar collateral ligament in his right (throwing) thumb on July 9.
He could be back behind the plate for St. Louis at some point this weekend.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 9
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)