Aug 27, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Adam Wainwright continued his “meh” streak today. Not awful, but not ace-like either. He allowed three runs over six innings and took the loss to the Pirates, 3-1. That gives him a 2-4 record and an ERA of 5.17 ERA in six outings for the month of August.
What’s the problem? Wainwright said after the game that he’s got “dead arm,” which can mean just about anything. But rarely does it amount to an actual injury. It’s just, like, something that happens.
With the win the Pirates have pulled to within a game of a wild card slot pending tonight’s action
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 15
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 14
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54