Aug 27, 2014, 9:46 AM EST
Daniel Hudson has had rotten luck. His once-promising career was derailed by two Tommy John surgeries, with the second one required after tearing a ligament while rehabbing the first. But he’s almost back again.
Hudson made a rehab appearance at Triple-A Reno last night and tossed a scoreless inning. He’s thrown five overall rehab innings and has allowed only one run. Kirk Gibson said he’ll do it again on Friday before joining the big club. During his time in Arizona he’ll probably be used as a reliever, though he could be back starting next season.
Gotta wish this guy luck. Not only has his young career been screwed up with injuries, but one time his injury actually made it onto a baseball card. Which, man, that’s cold.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 27
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 29
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (376)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)