Aug 27, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
Daniel Hudson has had rotten luck. His once-promising career was derailed by two Tommy John surgeries, with the second one required after tearing a ligament while rehabbing the first. But he’s almost back again.
Hudson made a rehab appearance at Triple-A Reno last night and tossed a scoreless inning. He’s thrown five overall rehab innings and has allowed only one run. Kirk Gibson said he’ll do it again on Friday before joining the big club. During his time in Arizona he’ll probably be used as a reliever, though he could be back starting next season.
Gotta wish this guy luck. Not only has his young career been screwed up with injuries, but one time his injury actually made it onto a baseball card. Which, man, that’s cold.
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)