Aug 27, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
Daniel Hudson has had rotten luck. His once-promising career was derailed by two Tommy John surgeries, with the second one required after tearing a ligament while rehabbing the first. But he’s almost back again.
Hudson made a rehab appearance at Triple-A Reno last night and tossed a scoreless inning. He’s thrown five overall rehab innings and has allowed only one run. Kirk Gibson said he’ll do it again on Friday before joining the big club. During his time in Arizona he’ll probably be used as a reliever, though he could be back starting next season.
Gotta wish this guy luck. Not only has his young career been screwed up with injuries, but one time his injury actually made it onto a baseball card. Which, man, that’s cold.
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery 0
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 11
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 119
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 101
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (118)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)