Aug 27, 2014, 3:18 PM EDT
After missing two games with a foot injury Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz is back in the lineup for tonight’s game against the Blue Jays, batting third as usual.
Prior to fouling a ball off his foot Sunday the 38-year-old Ortiz hit .265 with 30 homers in 123 games for an .886 OPS that ranks sixth among AL players. He also ranks fourth in homers, second in RBIs, and fifth in slugging percentage and walks.
And in the 10 games prior to the injury Ortiz hit .515 with four homers, three doubles, and a 1.606 OPS while the Red Sox went 2-8.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 18
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 22
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 9
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)