Aug 27, 2014, 3:18 PM EDT
After missing two games with a foot injury Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz is back in the lineup for tonight’s game against the Blue Jays, batting third as usual.
Prior to fouling a ball off his foot Sunday the 38-year-old Ortiz hit .265 with 30 homers in 123 games for an .886 OPS that ranks sixth among AL players. He also ranks fourth in homers, second in RBIs, and fifth in slugging percentage and walks.
And in the 10 games prior to the injury Ortiz hit .515 with four homers, three doubles, and a 1.606 OPS while the Red Sox went 2-8.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 1
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 3
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 5
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 47
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)