Aug 27, 2014, 3:18 PM EDT
After missing two games with a foot injury Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz is back in the lineup for tonight’s game against the Blue Jays, batting third as usual.
Prior to fouling a ball off his foot Sunday the 38-year-old Ortiz hit .265 with 30 homers in 123 games for an .886 OPS that ranks sixth among AL players. He also ranks fourth in homers, second in RBIs, and fifth in slugging percentage and walks.
And in the 10 games prior to the injury Ortiz hit .515 with four homers, three doubles, and a 1.606 OPS while the Red Sox went 2-8.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 3
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 6
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)