Aug 27, 2014, 3:18 PM EDT
After missing two games with a foot injury Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz is back in the lineup for tonight’s game against the Blue Jays, batting third as usual.
Prior to fouling a ball off his foot Sunday the 38-year-old Ortiz hit .265 with 30 homers in 123 games for an .886 OPS that ranks sixth among AL players. He also ranks fourth in homers, second in RBIs, and fifth in slugging percentage and walks.
And in the 10 games prior to the injury Ortiz hit .515 with four homers, three doubles, and a 1.606 OPS while the Red Sox went 2-8.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (81)