Aug 27, 2014, 9:23 AM EST
Apparently “Survivor” is still a thing. But given how close to the bottom of the barrel they’ve gotten to find “celebrity” contestants, I can’t imagine it’ll be a thing for long. Their latest find:
Controversial former baseball relief pitcher John Rocker will be playing along with his girlfriend, spray-tan business owner Julie McGee. Rocker pitched for the Atlanta Braves in the 1999 World Series against the Yankees.
When I tweeted this out a bit ago multiple people wondered whether this season of “Survivor” will take place on the 7 train. We can only wish. Sadly, it’ll be in Nicaragua. Which I’m sure will annoy Rocker in some way given that he’s a xenophobic whack-job. I have $50 on him wondering why people there don’t speak English sometime during the first episode.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)