Aug 27, 2014, 6:24 PM EDT
Via the official Twitter transactions feed for Major League Baseball …
— MLBRosterMoves (@MLBRosterMoves) August 27, 2014
Rosario hasn’t appeared in a game since last Friday night due to inflammation in his left wrist. The move was made retroactive to August 23, so Rosario is eligible to return September 7 and the hope is that he will be ready on that date. Rosario has struggled this season, batting just .248/.289/.399 with 10 home runs and 43 RBI in 91 games after hitting .292/.315/.486 with 21 home runs and 79 RBI across 121 games in 2013.
Logan is also dealing with a left wrist injury, and he too has struggled this season (6.84 ERA in 35 appearances) after getting a three-year, $16.5 million free agent contract from the Rockies last December.
The Rockies recalled catcher Jackson Williams and lefty Christian Friedrich in corresponding moves.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 3
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (109)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)