Aug 27, 2014, 6:24 PM EST
Via the official Twitter transactions feed for Major League Baseball …
— MLBRosterMoves (@MLBRosterMoves) August 27, 2014
Rosario hasn’t appeared in a game since last Friday night due to inflammation in his left wrist. The move was made retroactive to August 23, so Rosario is eligible to return September 7 and the hope is that he will be ready on that date. Rosario has struggled this season, batting just .248/.289/.399 with 10 home runs and 43 RBI in 91 games after hitting .292/.315/.486 with 21 home runs and 79 RBI across 121 games in 2013.
Logan is also dealing with a left wrist injury, and he too has struggled this season (6.84 ERA in 35 appearances) after getting a three-year, $16.5 million free agent contract from the Rockies last December.
The Rockies recalled catcher Jackson Williams and lefty Christian Friedrich in corresponding moves.
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 65
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 121
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 79
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 156
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal 135
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history 124
- So Curt Schilling spent his evening arguing against the theory of evolution (165)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (156)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)