Aug 27, 2014, 6:24 PM EDT
Via the official Twitter transactions feed for Major League Baseball …
— MLBRosterMoves (@MLBRosterMoves) August 27, 2014
Rosario hasn’t appeared in a game since last Friday night due to inflammation in his left wrist. The move was made retroactive to August 23, so Rosario is eligible to return September 7 and the hope is that he will be ready on that date. Rosario has struggled this season, batting just .248/.289/.399 with 10 home runs and 43 RBI in 91 games after hitting .292/.315/.486 with 21 home runs and 79 RBI across 121 games in 2013.
Logan is also dealing with a left wrist injury, and he too has struggled this season (6.84 ERA in 35 appearances) after getting a three-year, $16.5 million free agent contract from the Rockies last December.
The Rockies recalled catcher Jackson Williams and lefty Christian Friedrich in corresponding moves.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 153
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 132
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (165)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (134)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)