Aug 27, 2014, 6:24 PM EDT
Via the official Twitter transactions feed for Major League Baseball …
— MLBRosterMoves (@MLBRosterMoves) August 27, 2014
Rosario hasn’t appeared in a game since last Friday night due to inflammation in his left wrist. The move was made retroactive to August 23, so Rosario is eligible to return September 7 and the hope is that he will be ready on that date. Rosario has struggled this season, batting just .248/.289/.399 with 10 home runs and 43 RBI in 91 games after hitting .292/.315/.486 with 21 home runs and 79 RBI across 121 games in 2013.
Logan is also dealing with a left wrist injury, and he too has struggled this season (6.84 ERA in 35 appearances) after getting a three-year, $16.5 million free agent contract from the Rockies last December.
The Rockies recalled catcher Jackson Williams and lefty Christian Friedrich in corresponding moves.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 34
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 38
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 15
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 77
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (224)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)