Aug 27, 2014, 6:24 PM EDT
Via the official Twitter transactions feed for Major League Baseball …
— MLBRosterMoves (@MLBRosterMoves) August 27, 2014
Rosario hasn’t appeared in a game since last Friday night due to inflammation in his left wrist. The move was made retroactive to August 23, so Rosario is eligible to return September 7 and the hope is that he will be ready on that date. Rosario has struggled this season, batting just .248/.289/.399 with 10 home runs and 43 RBI in 91 games after hitting .292/.315/.486 with 21 home runs and 79 RBI across 121 games in 2013.
Logan is also dealing with a left wrist injury, and he too has struggled this season (6.84 ERA in 35 appearances) after getting a three-year, $16.5 million free agent contract from the Rockies last December.
The Rockies recalled catcher Jackson Williams and lefty Christian Friedrich in corresponding moves.
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 15
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)