Aug 27, 2014, 11:27 PM EDT
Xander Bogaerts was cleared by MLB to return from the seven-day concussion DL. He’s eligible to do so Saturday.
Bogaerts passed cognitive and physical tests administered by MLB and will rejoin the Sox in Tampa Thursday.
“He’s passed everything,” Red Sox manager John Farrell told McAdam. “He’s gone through some running and throwing (in Boston) and he’ll go through a full work day on Friday and then be ready for Friday.”
Bogaerts suffered the brain injury last Friday when he was hit in the head by a Felix Hernandez pitch.
He’ll try to finish the 2014 season on a good note after batting .223/.293/.333 over his first 118 games.
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 77
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 26
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 24
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 76
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (198)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)