Aug 27, 2014, 11:27 PM EDT
Xander Bogaerts was cleared by MLB to return from the seven-day concussion DL. He’s eligible to do so Saturday.
Bogaerts passed cognitive and physical tests administered by MLB and will rejoin the Sox in Tampa Thursday.
“He’s passed everything,” Red Sox manager John Farrell told McAdam. “He’s gone through some running and throwing (in Boston) and he’ll go through a full work day on Friday and then be ready for Friday.”
Bogaerts suffered the brain injury last Friday when he was hit in the head by a Felix Hernandez pitch.
He’ll try to finish the 2014 season on a good note after batting .223/.293/.333 over his first 118 games.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 3
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)