Aug 27, 2014, 11:27 PM EST
Xander Bogaerts was cleared by MLB to return from the seven-day concussion DL. He’s eligible to do so Saturday.
Bogaerts passed cognitive and physical tests administered by MLB and will rejoin the Sox in Tampa Thursday.
“He’s passed everything,” Red Sox manager John Farrell told McAdam. “He’s gone through some running and throwing (in Boston) and he’ll go through a full work day on Friday and then be ready for Friday.”
Bogaerts suffered the brain injury last Friday when he was hit in the head by a Felix Hernandez pitch.
He’ll try to finish the 2014 season on a good note after batting .223/.293/.333 over his first 118 games.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (130)