Aug 27, 2014, 11:27 PM EDT
Xander Bogaerts was cleared by MLB to return from the seven-day concussion DL. He’s eligible to do so Saturday.
Bogaerts passed cognitive and physical tests administered by MLB and will rejoin the Sox in Tampa Thursday.
“He’s passed everything,” Red Sox manager John Farrell told McAdam. “He’s gone through some running and throwing (in Boston) and he’ll go through a full work day on Friday and then be ready for Friday.”
Bogaerts suffered the brain injury last Friday when he was hit in the head by a Felix Hernandez pitch.
He’ll try to finish the 2014 season on a good note after batting .223/.293/.333 over his first 118 games.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)