No timetable for Joakim Soria’s return to the Tigers

Aug 28, 2014, 3:15 PM EST

Joakim Soria Tigers AP

Jason Beck of MLB.com reports that the Tigers do not have a timetable yet for reliever Joakim Soria‘s return from the disabled list for a strained oblique muscle.

Soria has been out since August 10, so he’s already eligible to return, but most oblique strains tend to take at least 3-4 weeks and some linger for six weeks or more.

According to Beck he has been doing some throwing from flat ground and as a reliever there’s not much arm strength to build back up, so Soria might not be that far away. He made just six appearances for the Tigers after being acquired from the Rangers in July.

1. happytwinsfan - Aug 28, 2014 at 3:36 PM

Curses, foiled again!

I was going to post a wonderfully cheesy you tube of Elvis doing “Walk On Through The Storm” for Tiger fans until I saw that the post is actually slightly optimistic by recent Tiger standards.

• historiophiliac - Aug 28, 2014 at 4:37 PM

Why don’t you focus on beating the Royals already, Minnetonka?

• happytwinsfan - Aug 28, 2014 at 7:58 PM

But they’re such nice folks. Can’t you and the Royals share the Central Division title?

• historiophiliac - Aug 28, 2014 at 10:05 PM

• doctorofsmuganomics - Aug 28, 2014 at 9:58 PM

You wouldn’t want to hurt your good buddy Doc like that now would you?

• historiophiliac - Aug 28, 2014 at 10:00 PM

I wonder what smug tears look like…

• doctorofsmuganomics - Aug 28, 2014 at 10:04 PM

Keep wondering. I don’t cry, crying is for fans of second place teams and Miguel Montero.

• happytwinsfan - Aug 28, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Okay, I guess we all need to hear it with a little less entertaining cheesy. I fly out tomorrow to make the best possible final arrangements for my 90 year old mom who still knows more about me than I know, but who is phasing in and out, as her traitorous body comes to its final end. When I was very young, and completely under her wing, I remember her admiration for the yearning, fatal,defiance of Judy Garland. I hope she hears it.

• historiophiliac - Aug 29, 2014 at 12:09 AM

Peace to you and yours, Twinkie. Excellent job on the Royals tonight. It’s small consolation, I’m sure, but this little baseball community here is with you too.

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester