Aug 28, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Soria has been out since August 10, so he’s already eligible to return, but most oblique strains tend to take at least 3-4 weeks and some linger for six weeks or more.
According to Beck he has been doing some throwing from flat ground and as a reliever there’s not much arm strength to build back up, so Soria might not be that far away. He made just six appearances for the Tigers after being acquired from the Rangers in July.
- The beauty of belief 12
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 31
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 70
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 15
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)