Aug 28, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Soria has been out since August 10, so he’s already eligible to return, but most oblique strains tend to take at least 3-4 weeks and some linger for six weeks or more.
According to Beck he has been doing some throwing from flat ground and as a reliever there’s not much arm strength to build back up, so Soria might not be that far away. He made just six appearances for the Tigers after being acquired from the Rangers in July.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 28
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 33
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)