Aug 28, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Soria has been out since August 10, so he’s already eligible to return, but most oblique strains tend to take at least 3-4 weeks and some linger for six weeks or more.
According to Beck he has been doing some throwing from flat ground and as a reliever there’s not much arm strength to build back up, so Soria might not be that far away. He made just six appearances for the Tigers after being acquired from the Rangers in July.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27