Aug 28, 2014, 3:43 PM EST
The Phillies announced this afternoon that team president David Montgomery will be taking a medical leave of absence while recovering from jaw cancer surgery. Taking over baseball operations in his absence: former Phillies GM and current senior advisor for the Phillies.
This has been a turbulent week for the Phillies. First with part-owner Sally Buck passing on Saturday, now Montgomery’s absence. Here’s hoping Montgomery gets well soon.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)