Aug 28, 2014, 3:43 PM EDT
The Phillies announced this afternoon that team president David Montgomery will be taking a medical leave of absence while recovering from jaw cancer surgery. Taking over baseball operations in his absence: former Phillies GM and current senior advisor for the Phillies.
This has been a turbulent week for the Phillies. First with part-owner Sally Buck passing on Saturday, now Montgomery’s absence. Here’s hoping Montgomery gets well soon.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 101
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (101)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)