Aug 28, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Seattle: cooler than wherever you are since, well, probably only since the early 90s. Before that it wasn’t really thought of as all that special, right? I mean, they set the movie “Stakeout” there, and that was a pretty underrated flick. But you can probably trace most of Seattle’s current cultural significance to the early 90s, I imagine.
Oh, the point of this is this:
Glad to see Jack being happy. That’s not always the case when he’s at the ballpark. Also: if no one told me that was Paul Simon I probably would’ve thought he was an aging advance scout or something. But such is age.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)