Aug 28, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Kansas City TV station KSHB in Kansas City interviewed Royals catcher Salvador Perez. It’s the standard stuff: he hopes the Royals will win the World Series this year. He used to play a different position before playing catcher. He is close friends with his teammates. He wears womens’ perfume when he’s catching.
Wait, what? *re-watches the video* yep. Victoria’s Secret. Chanel. You know, the usual stuff. He picked up the habit from Alcides Escobar, who also wears Victoria’s Secret perfume. And an umpire once said “You smell good, Salvy.”
I cannot express how much I love this story.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)