Aug 28, 2014, 10:21 PM EST
According to Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer, the Yankees have acquired left-hander Josh Outman from the Indians for cash considerations or a player to be named later. He’s expected to join the major league roster.
Outman had a 3.28 ERA and 24/16 K/BB ratio over 24 2/3 innings with the Indians this season prior to being designated for assignment in June. After passing through waivers, he was outrighted to Triple-A Columbus, where he had a 4.43 ERA over 23 appearances.
Outman owns a 4.49 ERA in the majors, but he has averaged 9.3 K/9 as a reliever and has held left-handed batters to a .188/.257/.287 batting line for his career. He could come in handy in a specialist role for the Bombers.
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a deal with Hanley Ramirez 16
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 18
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)