Aug 28, 2014, 10:21 PM EDT
According to Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer, the Yankees have acquired left-hander Josh Outman from the Indians for cash considerations or a player to be named later. He’s expected to join the major league roster.
Outman had a 3.28 ERA and 24/16 K/BB ratio over 24 2/3 innings with the Indians this season prior to being designated for assignment in June. After passing through waivers, he was outrighted to Triple-A Columbus, where he had a 4.43 ERA over 23 appearances.
Outman owns a 4.49 ERA in the majors, but he has averaged 9.3 K/9 as a reliever and has held left-handed batters to a .188/.257/.287 batting line for his career. He could come in handy in a specialist role for the Bombers.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)