Aug 29, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that Dodgers starter Hyun-Jin Ryu will return to the rotation on Sunday. The lefty has been on the disabled list since August 14 with a strained glute.
The Dodgers will be happy to have Ryu back as it will push Kevin Correia out of the rotation. In three starts since joining the Dodgers, Correia has posted a 6.43 ERA over 14 innings.
Ryu, 27, went on the shelf with a 3.28 ERA and a 122/27 K/BB ratio in 137 1/3 innings across 23 starts.
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)