Aug 29, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that Dodgers starter Hyun-Jin Ryu will return to the rotation on Sunday. The lefty has been on the disabled list since August 14 with a strained glute.
The Dodgers will be happy to have Ryu back as it will push Kevin Correia out of the rotation. In three starts since joining the Dodgers, Correia has posted a 6.43 ERA over 14 innings.
Ryu, 27, went on the shelf with a 3.28 ERA and a 122/27 K/BB ratio in 137 1/3 innings across 23 starts.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)