Aug 29, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that Dodgers starter Hyun-Jin Ryu will return to the rotation on Sunday. The lefty has been on the disabled list since August 14 with a strained glute.
The Dodgers will be happy to have Ryu back as it will push Kevin Correia out of the rotation. In three starts since joining the Dodgers, Correia has posted a 6.43 ERA over 14 innings.
Ryu, 27, went on the shelf with a 3.28 ERA and a 122/27 K/BB ratio in 137 1/3 innings across 23 starts.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 3
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 1
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)