Aug 29, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that Dodgers starter Hyun-Jin Ryu will return to the rotation on Sunday. The lefty has been on the disabled list since August 14 with a strained glute.
The Dodgers will be happy to have Ryu back as it will push Kevin Correia out of the rotation. In three starts since joining the Dodgers, Correia has posted a 6.43 ERA over 14 innings.
Ryu, 27, went on the shelf with a 3.28 ERA and a 122/27 K/BB ratio in 137 1/3 innings across 23 starts.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)