Aug 29, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
Chen allowed six runs in an inning of work in the Royals’ 10-inning, 11-5 loss to the Twins on Thursday. The 37-year-old lefty has had a miserable season, sporting a 7.45 ERA with a 36/16 K/BB ratio in 48 1/3 innings. Chen has been with the Royals since 2009.
Coleman up and down between Triple-A and the major leagues this season. In 21 2/3 innings at the big league level, Coleman has a 7.48 ERA with a 15/13 K/BB ratio. His results at Triple-A were much better, as he carried a 3.86 ERA with a 53/15 K/BB ratio in 39 2/3 innings.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)