Aug 29, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Chen allowed six runs in an inning of work in the Royals’ 10-inning, 11-5 loss to the Twins on Thursday. The 37-year-old lefty has had a miserable season, sporting a 7.45 ERA with a 36/16 K/BB ratio in 48 1/3 innings. Chen has been with the Royals since 2009.
Coleman up and down between Triple-A and the major leagues this season. In 21 2/3 innings at the big league level, Coleman has a 7.48 ERA with a 15/13 K/BB ratio. His results at Triple-A were much better, as he carried a 3.86 ERA with a 53/15 K/BB ratio in 39 2/3 innings.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 11
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 68
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 34
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 8
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (106)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)