Aug 29, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Chen allowed six runs in an inning of work in the Royals’ 10-inning, 11-5 loss to the Twins on Thursday. The 37-year-old lefty has had a miserable season, sporting a 7.45 ERA with a 36/16 K/BB ratio in 48 1/3 innings. Chen has been with the Royals since 2009.
Coleman up and down between Triple-A and the major leagues this season. In 21 2/3 innings at the big league level, Coleman has a 7.48 ERA with a 15/13 K/BB ratio. His results at Triple-A were much better, as he carried a 3.86 ERA with a 53/15 K/BB ratio in 39 2/3 innings.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 46
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 15
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)