Aug 29, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Chen allowed six runs in an inning of work in the Royals’ 10-inning, 11-5 loss to the Twins on Thursday. The 37-year-old lefty has had a miserable season, sporting a 7.45 ERA with a 36/16 K/BB ratio in 48 1/3 innings. Chen has been with the Royals since 2009.
Coleman up and down between Triple-A and the major leagues this season. In 21 2/3 innings at the big league level, Coleman has a 7.48 ERA with a 15/13 K/BB ratio. His results at Triple-A were much better, as he carried a 3.86 ERA with a 53/15 K/BB ratio in 39 2/3 innings.
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 15
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 33
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 15
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- David Price dominates Twins as Tigers win AL Central 30
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)