Aug 29, 2014, 5:38 PM EST
A big, big part of the Cardinals is back tonight: Yadier Molina has been activated and is in the lineup.
Molina went 5 for 6 with three doubles in two rehab games, so he’s ready to go. Tonight he’s catching and batting sixth against the Cubs. To make room for him, Tony Cruz was sent down. A.J. Pierzynski will serve as the backup.
Molina’s last game was July 9. At the time he was hitting .287/.341/.409 with seven homers and 30 RBI.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 3
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (289)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)