Aug 29, 2014, 5:38 PM EDT
A big, big part of the Cardinals is back tonight: Yadier Molina has been activated and is in the lineup.
Molina went 5 for 6 with three doubles in two rehab games, so he’s ready to go. Tonight he’s catching and batting sixth against the Cubs. To make room for him, Tony Cruz was sent down. A.J. Pierzynski will serve as the backup.
Molina’s last game was July 9. At the time he was hitting .287/.341/.409 with seven homers and 30 RBI.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 338
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 51
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (338)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)