Aug 29, 2014, 5:38 PM EDT
A big, big part of the Cardinals is back tonight: Yadier Molina has been activated and is in the lineup.
Molina went 5 for 6 with three doubles in two rehab games, so he’s ready to go. Tonight he’s catching and batting sixth against the Cubs. To make room for him, Tony Cruz was sent down. A.J. Pierzynski will serve as the backup.
Molina’s last game was July 9. At the time he was hitting .287/.341/.409 with seven homers and 30 RBI.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)