Aug 29, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
In the bottom of the seventh inning on Friday night against the Phillies, the Mets executed a double steal. Juan Lagares, who reached on a two-run fielding error by outfielder Grady Sizemore, was on first base while Eric Campbell was on third base.
With right-handed reliever Justin De Fratus on the mound, Lagares broke for second base on an 0-2 count. Catcher Carlos Ruiz fired to second at which point Campbell broke for home. Shortstop Jimmy Rollins‘ throw back home wasn’t in time to get Campbell, who slid towards the back of the plate.
There’s no embed code available yet, so here’s the link if you’d like to see the exciting play with your own two eyes.
The Orioles pulled off a steal of home on a delayed steal last night.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)