Aug 29, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
In the bottom of the seventh inning on Friday night against the Phillies, the Mets executed a double steal. Juan Lagares, who reached on a two-run fielding error by outfielder Grady Sizemore, was on first base while Eric Campbell was on third base.
With right-handed reliever Justin De Fratus on the mound, Lagares broke for second base on an 0-2 count. Catcher Carlos Ruiz fired to second at which point Campbell broke for home. Shortstop Jimmy Rollins‘ throw back home wasn’t in time to get Campbell, who slid towards the back of the plate.
There’s no embed code available yet, so here’s the link if you’d like to see the exciting play with your own two eyes.
The Orioles pulled off a steal of home on a delayed steal last night.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 50
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 27
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)