Aug 29, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
In the bottom of the seventh inning on Friday night against the Phillies, the Mets executed a double steal. Juan Lagares, who reached on a two-run fielding error by outfielder Grady Sizemore, was on first base while Eric Campbell was on third base.
With right-handed reliever Justin De Fratus on the mound, Lagares broke for second base on an 0-2 count. Catcher Carlos Ruiz fired to second at which point Campbell broke for home. Shortstop Jimmy Rollins‘ throw back home wasn’t in time to get Campbell, who slid towards the back of the plate.
There’s no embed code available yet, so here’s the link if you’d like to see the exciting play with your own two eyes.
The Orioles pulled off a steal of home on a delayed steal last night.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)