Aug 29, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
In the bottom of the seventh inning on Friday night against the Phillies, the Mets executed a double steal. Juan Lagares, who reached on a two-run fielding error by outfielder Grady Sizemore, was on first base while Eric Campbell was on third base.
With right-handed reliever Justin De Fratus on the mound, Lagares broke for second base on an 0-2 count. Catcher Carlos Ruiz fired to second at which point Campbell broke for home. Shortstop Jimmy Rollins‘ throw back home wasn’t in time to get Campbell, who slid towards the back of the plate.
There’s no embed code available yet, so here’s the link if you’d like to see the exciting play with your own two eyes.
The Orioles pulled off a steal of home on a delayed steal last night.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 53
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 31
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)