Aug 29, 2014, 8:47 AM EST
It’s 25,000 square feet and will only set you back $25 million:
Clad in hand-scraped wood, French limestone and travertine, vaulted interiors sport a range of features including detailed pillars, coffered and groin-vaulted ceilings and delicate arches. The 25,000 square feet of living space contains a chef’s kitchen, a formal dining room with a temperature-controlled wine cellar, his and her offices, a study lounge, a pet suite with a wash station, seven bedrooms and 12 bathrooms.
Go to the link and look at the slide show. On the one hand, it’s insanely and overly-ornately designed like just about every other athlete’s home you see. You wonder how often, for example, they use that formal sitting area or the office. Or the second office. It’s just kind of nuts.
On the other hand, unlike a lot of these athlete homes, you can actually tell an athlete lives there. Johnson has his Cy Young Awards and jerseys on display. He has a couple of cool bat racks in his pool room. Best of all, his home theater actually has a marquee outside of it, with the words “Full Count Theater” in lights over the entrance. So it’s got that going for it.
Who, apart from another zillionarie athlete would buy this place is beyond me, but good luck in your efforts to sell it, Big Unit.
- Blue Jays acquire Josh Donaldson in a trade with the Athletics 40
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)