Aug 29, 2014, 8:47 AM EDT
It’s 25,000 square feet and will only set you back $25 million:
Clad in hand-scraped wood, French limestone and travertine, vaulted interiors sport a range of features including detailed pillars, coffered and groin-vaulted ceilings and delicate arches. The 25,000 square feet of living space contains a chef’s kitchen, a formal dining room with a temperature-controlled wine cellar, his and her offices, a study lounge, a pet suite with a wash station, seven bedrooms and 12 bathrooms.
Go to the link and look at the slide show. On the one hand, it’s insanely and overly-ornately designed like just about every other athlete’s home you see. You wonder how often, for example, they use that formal sitting area or the office. Or the second office. It’s just kind of nuts.
On the other hand, unlike a lot of these athlete homes, you can actually tell an athlete lives there. Johnson has his Cy Young Awards and jerseys on display. He has a couple of cool bat racks in his pool room. Best of all, his home theater actually has a marquee outside of it, with the words “Full Count Theater” in lights over the entrance. So it’s got that going for it.
Who, apart from another zillionarie athlete would buy this place is beyond me, but good luck in your efforts to sell it, Big Unit.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)