Aug 29, 2014, 8:47 AM EDT
It’s 25,000 square feet and will only set you back $25 million:
Clad in hand-scraped wood, French limestone and travertine, vaulted interiors sport a range of features including detailed pillars, coffered and groin-vaulted ceilings and delicate arches. The 25,000 square feet of living space contains a chef’s kitchen, a formal dining room with a temperature-controlled wine cellar, his and her offices, a study lounge, a pet suite with a wash station, seven bedrooms and 12 bathrooms.
Go to the link and look at the slide show. On the one hand, it’s insanely and overly-ornately designed like just about every other athlete’s home you see. You wonder how often, for example, they use that formal sitting area or the office. Or the second office. It’s just kind of nuts.
On the other hand, unlike a lot of these athlete homes, you can actually tell an athlete lives there. Johnson has his Cy Young Awards and jerseys on display. He has a couple of cool bat racks in his pool room. Best of all, his home theater actually has a marquee outside of it, with the words “Full Count Theater” in lights over the entrance. So it’s got that going for it.
Who, apart from another zillionarie athlete would buy this place is beyond me, but good luck in your efforts to sell it, Big Unit.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)