Aug 29, 2014, 8:47 AM EST
It’s 25,000 square feet and will only set you back $25 million:
Clad in hand-scraped wood, French limestone and travertine, vaulted interiors sport a range of features including detailed pillars, coffered and groin-vaulted ceilings and delicate arches. The 25,000 square feet of living space contains a chef’s kitchen, a formal dining room with a temperature-controlled wine cellar, his and her offices, a study lounge, a pet suite with a wash station, seven bedrooms and 12 bathrooms.
Go to the link and look at the slide show. On the one hand, it’s insanely and overly-ornately designed like just about every other athlete’s home you see. You wonder how often, for example, they use that formal sitting area or the office. Or the second office. It’s just kind of nuts.
On the other hand, unlike a lot of these athlete homes, you can actually tell an athlete lives there. Johnson has his Cy Young Awards and jerseys on display. He has a couple of cool bat racks in his pool room. Best of all, his home theater actually has a marquee outside of it, with the words “Full Count Theater” in lights over the entrance. So it’s got that going for it.
Who, apart from another zillionarie athlete would buy this place is beyond me, but good luck in your efforts to sell it, Big Unit.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)