Aug 30, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that Giants first baseman Brandon Belt is still 10 days away from resuming baseball activities. Belt suffered a concussion in July and briefly returned for five days in August before returning to the disabled list.
Per Shea, Belt says he’s confident he’ll play again this season, though that will likely happen in the latter half of September. He’ll see a doctor on September 8 to gauge his status.
It’s been a tough year for Belt. Along with the concussion, Belt also suffered a fractured thumb in May which required surgery, knocking him out for nearly two months. The 26-year-old is sitting on a .237/.296/.446 slash line with 11 home runs and 24 RBI in 203 plate appearances.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 12
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 69
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 13
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 112
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)