Aug 30, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that Giants first baseman Brandon Belt is still 10 days away from resuming baseball activities. Belt suffered a concussion in July and briefly returned for five days in August before returning to the disabled list.
Per Shea, Belt says he’s confident he’ll play again this season, though that will likely happen in the latter half of September. He’ll see a doctor on September 8 to gauge his status.
It’s been a tough year for Belt. Along with the concussion, Belt also suffered a fractured thumb in May which required surgery, knocking him out for nearly two months. The 26-year-old is sitting on a .237/.296/.446 slash line with 11 home runs and 24 RBI in 203 plate appearances.
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 17
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 9
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)