Aug 30, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that Giants first baseman Brandon Belt is still 10 days away from resuming baseball activities. Belt suffered a concussion in July and briefly returned for five days in August before returning to the disabled list.
Per Shea, Belt says he’s confident he’ll play again this season, though that will likely happen in the latter half of September. He’ll see a doctor on September 8 to gauge his status.
It’s been a tough year for Belt. Along with the concussion, Belt also suffered a fractured thumb in May which required surgery, knocking him out for nearly two months. The 26-year-old is sitting on a .237/.296/.446 slash line with 11 home runs and 24 RBI in 203 plate appearances.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 44
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 62
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)