Aug 30, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that Giants first baseman Brandon Belt is still 10 days away from resuming baseball activities. Belt suffered a concussion in July and briefly returned for five days in August before returning to the disabled list.
Per Shea, Belt says he’s confident he’ll play again this season, though that will likely happen in the latter half of September. He’ll see a doctor on September 8 to gauge his status.
It’s been a tough year for Belt. Along with the concussion, Belt also suffered a fractured thumb in May which required surgery, knocking him out for nearly two months. The 26-year-old is sitting on a .237/.296/.446 slash line with 11 home runs and 24 RBI in 203 plate appearances.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (360)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)