Aug 30, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that Giants first baseman Brandon Belt is still 10 days away from resuming baseball activities. Belt suffered a concussion in July and briefly returned for five days in August before returning to the disabled list.
Per Shea, Belt says he’s confident he’ll play again this season, though that will likely happen in the latter half of September. He’ll see a doctor on September 8 to gauge his status.
It’s been a tough year for Belt. Along with the concussion, Belt also suffered a fractured thumb in May which required surgery, knocking him out for nearly two months. The 26-year-old is sitting on a .237/.296/.446 slash line with 11 home runs and 24 RBI in 203 plate appearances.
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 5
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 29
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 47
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 68
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)