Aug 30, 2014, 11:45 PM EST
MLB.com’s Adam McCalvy reports that Matt Garza will rejoin the Brewers’ rotation on Wednesday, in time for a start against the Cubs at Wrigley Field. Garza had been on the disabled list since August 4 after straining his oblique in a start against the Cardinals the previous day.
Prior to going on the disabled list, Garza had a 3.58 ERA with a 104/43 K/BB ratio in 145 2/3 innings across 23 starts.
The Brewers optioned starter Jimmy Nelson to Single-A Brevard County and recalled Alfredo Figaro from Triple-A Nashville. Per the team’s Twitter, Nelson will return to start on Monday against the Cubs.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 14
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 41
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15