Aug 30, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
MLB.com’s Adam McCalvy reports that Matt Garza will rejoin the Brewers’ rotation on Wednesday, in time for a start against the Cubs at Wrigley Field. Garza had been on the disabled list since August 4 after straining his oblique in a start against the Cardinals the previous day.
Prior to going on the disabled list, Garza had a 3.58 ERA with a 104/43 K/BB ratio in 145 2/3 innings across 23 starts.
The Brewers optioned starter Jimmy Nelson to Single-A Brevard County and recalled Alfredo Figaro from Triple-A Nashville. Per the team’s Twitter, Nelson will return to start on Monday against the Cubs.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (148)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)