Aug 30, 2014, 9:29 PM EDT
The Orioles have acquired outfielder Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox, Eduardo A. Encina of the Baltimore Sun reports. The White Sox will receive two minor league pitchers in return, Miguel Chalas and Mark Blackmar.
In 435 plate appearances this season, De Aza compiled a .246/.312/.358 slash line. The 30-year-old also added five home runs, 31 RBI, and 15 stolen bases.
Chalas, 22, skipped Double-A, earning a promotion from Single-A Frederick to Triple-A Norfolk recently. In 69 1/3 innings with Frederick, Chalas posted a 4.80 ERA with a 49/20 K/BB ratio.
Blackmar, also 22, has spent the entire season with Frederick. In 130 1/3 innings, the right-hander has a 3.18 ERA with an 83/32 K/BB ratio.
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 7
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)