Aug 30, 2014, 9:29 PM EDT
The Orioles have acquired outfielder Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox, Eduardo A. Encina of the Baltimore Sun reports. The White Sox will receive two minor league pitchers in return, Miguel Chalas and Mark Blackmar.
In 435 plate appearances this season, De Aza compiled a .246/.312/.358 slash line. The 30-year-old also added five home runs, 31 RBI, and 15 stolen bases.
Chalas, 22, skipped Double-A, earning a promotion from Single-A Frederick to Triple-A Norfolk recently. In 69 1/3 innings with Frederick, Chalas posted a 4.80 ERA with a 49/20 K/BB ratio.
Blackmar, also 22, has spent the entire season with Frederick. In 130 1/3 innings, the right-hander has a 3.18 ERA with an 83/32 K/BB ratio.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)