Aug 30, 2014, 9:29 PM EDT
The Orioles have acquired outfielder Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox, Eduardo A. Encina of the Baltimore Sun reports. The White Sox will receive two minor league pitchers in return, Miguel Chalas and Mark Blackmar.
In 435 plate appearances this season, De Aza compiled a .246/.312/.358 slash line. The 30-year-old also added five home runs, 31 RBI, and 15 stolen bases.
Chalas, 22, skipped Double-A, earning a promotion from Single-A Frederick to Triple-A Norfolk recently. In 69 1/3 innings with Frederick, Chalas posted a 4.80 ERA with a 49/20 K/BB ratio.
Blackmar, also 22, has spent the entire season with Frederick. In 130 1/3 innings, the right-hander has a 3.18 ERA with an 83/32 K/BB ratio.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 0
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 4
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)