Aug 30, 2014, 9:29 PM EDT
The Orioles have acquired outfielder Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox, Eduardo A. Encina of the Baltimore Sun reports. The White Sox will receive two minor league pitchers in return, Miguel Chalas and Mark Blackmar.
In 435 plate appearances this season, De Aza compiled a .246/.312/.358 slash line. The 30-year-old also added five home runs, 31 RBI, and 15 stolen bases.
Chalas, 22, skipped Double-A, earning a promotion from Single-A Frederick to Triple-A Norfolk recently. In 69 1/3 innings with Frederick, Chalas posted a 4.80 ERA with a 49/20 K/BB ratio.
Blackmar, also 22, has spent the entire season with Frederick. In 130 1/3 innings, the right-hander has a 3.18 ERA with an 83/32 K/BB ratio.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)