Aug 30, 2014, 9:29 PM EDT
The Orioles have acquired outfielder Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox, Eduardo A. Encina of the Baltimore Sun reports. The White Sox will receive two minor league pitchers in return, Miguel Chalas and Mark Blackmar.
In 435 plate appearances this season, De Aza compiled a .246/.312/.358 slash line. The 30-year-old also added five home runs, 31 RBI, and 15 stolen bases.
Chalas, 22, skipped Double-A, earning a promotion from Single-A Frederick to Triple-A Norfolk recently. In 69 1/3 innings with Frederick, Chalas posted a 4.80 ERA with a 49/20 K/BB ratio.
Blackmar, also 22, has spent the entire season with Frederick. In 130 1/3 innings, the right-hander has a 3.18 ERA with an 83/32 K/BB ratio.
- Playoff Reset: Both AL Division Series Get Underway 31
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 22
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 52
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (83)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)