Aug 30, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
The Angels are beginning to create some distance in the American League West.
Weaver allowed just three hits and three walks over seven scoreless innings in the victory. He’s now tied with Max Scherzer and Rick Porcello for the American League lead with 15 wins. As for the offense, Iannetta lifted a two-run homer off Jon Lester in the fifth inning which fell out of a leaping Coco Crisp‘s glove and over the center field fence. Pujols added a solo shot for some insurance in the seventh.
The Angels now have a season-high three-game lead over the A’s, who have lost 12 out of their last 18 games. Still trying to find their footing after Garrett Richards‘ knee injury, the Angels will send Cory Rasmus to the hill tonight in what is likely to be a bullpen game. Oakland will counter with Jeff Samardzija.
Your Friday box scores:
Dodgers 2, Padres 3 (12 innings)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 2
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 17
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 13
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)