Aug 31, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
The Nationals have been on a home run binge in Seattle against the Mariners. On Friday, against AL Cy Young candidate Felix Hernandez, they slugged six of them. Jayson Werth added another on Saturday, and the Nats clubbed three of them on Sunday.
Bryce Harper hit two of them, both solo shots off of Hisashi Iwakuma. It marked his first multi-homer game of 2014, the fifth of his career, and his first since April 20, 2013. The first of his two home runs on Sunday was a no-doubter that ricocheted off of the window of the stadium club at Safeco Field.
Harper finishes out the month of August with seven home runs after entering the month with all of three on the season. The surge comes only weeks after many speculated that Harper could have been demoted to Triple-A.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 65
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)