Aug 31, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
The Nationals have been on a home run binge in Seattle against the Mariners. On Friday, against AL Cy Young candidate Felix Hernandez, they slugged six of them. Jayson Werth added another on Saturday, and the Nats clubbed three of them on Sunday.
Bryce Harper hit two of them, both solo shots off of Hisashi Iwakuma. It marked his first multi-homer game of 2014, the fifth of his career, and his first since April 20, 2013. The first of his two home runs on Sunday was a no-doubter that ricocheted off of the window of the stadium club at Safeco Field.
Harper finishes out the month of August with seven home runs after entering the month with all of three on the season. The surge comes only weeks after many speculated that Harper could have been demoted to Triple-A.
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 4
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 16
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 50
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 22
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)