Aug 31, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
The Yankees added some pitching depth ahead of the waiver deadline on Sunday, acquiring Chaz Roe from the Marlins for cash considerations, Manny Navarro of the Miami Herald reports. With rosters expanding on Monday, Roe is expected to join the major league roster and serve out of the bullpen.
Roe, 27, made his major league debut last season with the Diamondbacks, posting a 4.03 ERA with a 24/13 K/BB ratio over 22 1/3 innings in the second half. The right-hander spent the entirety of the 2014 season at Triple-A New Orleans for the Marlins. He compiled a 3.66 ERA with a 72/21 K/BB ratio over 64 innings.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)