Aug 31, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
The Yankees added some pitching depth ahead of the waiver deadline on Sunday, acquiring Chaz Roe from the Marlins for cash considerations, Manny Navarro of the Miami Herald reports. With rosters expanding on Monday, Roe is expected to join the major league roster and serve out of the bullpen.
Roe, 27, made his major league debut last season with the Diamondbacks, posting a 4.03 ERA with a 24/13 K/BB ratio over 22 1/3 innings in the second half. The right-hander spent the entirety of the 2014 season at Triple-A New Orleans for the Marlins. He compiled a 3.66 ERA with a 72/21 K/BB ratio over 64 innings.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (84)