Aug 31, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
The Yankees added some pitching depth ahead of the waiver deadline on Sunday, acquiring Chaz Roe from the Marlins for cash considerations, Manny Navarro of the Miami Herald reports. With rosters expanding on Monday, Roe is expected to join the major league roster and serve out of the bullpen.
Roe, 27, made his major league debut last season with the Diamondbacks, posting a 4.03 ERA with a 24/13 K/BB ratio over 22 1/3 innings in the second half. The right-hander spent the entirety of the 2014 season at Triple-A New Orleans for the Marlins. He compiled a 3.66 ERA with a 72/21 K/BB ratio over 64 innings.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)