Aug 31, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
The Yankees added some pitching depth ahead of the waiver deadline on Sunday, acquiring Chaz Roe from the Marlins for cash considerations, Manny Navarro of the Miami Herald reports. With rosters expanding on Monday, Roe is expected to join the major league roster and serve out of the bullpen.
Roe, 27, made his major league debut last season with the Diamondbacks, posting a 4.03 ERA with a 24/13 K/BB ratio over 22 1/3 innings in the second half. The right-hander spent the entirety of the 2014 season at Triple-A New Orleans for the Marlins. He compiled a 3.66 ERA with a 72/21 K/BB ratio over 64 innings.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)