Sep 1, 2014, 1:44 PM EDT
Last Thursday night Jesus Montero and a Mariners scout got into an altercation involving shouted taunts and thrown ice cream sandwiches. Now the Mariners have taken official action with respect to Montero, suspending him for the remainder of the season. That takes him off the 40-man roster until he is reinstated.
No word if anything is going to be done with the scout. It’s worth noting, however, that GM Jack Zduriencik said that both parties in the dustup acted poorly, so his discipline may be coming soon.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)