Sep 1, 2014, 1:44 PM EST
Last Thursday night Jesus Montero and a Mariners scout got into an altercation involving shouted taunts and thrown ice cream sandwiches. Now the Mariners have taken official action with respect to Montero, suspending him for the remainder of the season. That takes him off the 40-man roster until he is reinstated.
No word if anything is going to be done with the scout. It’s worth noting, however, that GM Jack Zduriencik said that both parties in the dustup acted poorly, so his discipline may be coming soon.
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 44
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 57
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 45
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)