Sep 1, 2014, 1:44 PM EST
Last Thursday night Jesus Montero and a Mariners scout got into an altercation involving shouted taunts and thrown ice cream sandwiches. Now the Mariners have taken official action with respect to Montero, suspending him for the remainder of the season. That takes him off the 40-man roster until he is reinstated.
No word if anything is going to be done with the scout. It’s worth noting, however, that GM Jack Zduriencik said that both parties in the dustup acted poorly, so his discipline may be coming soon.
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 1
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 1
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 341
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (343)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Report: Josh Hamilton could get a suspension of “at least 25 games” (71)