Sep 1, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
Lots of minor leaguers will make their way to the bigs starting today as minor league seasons end and major league rosters expand. One of the better ones coming up is Joc Pederson, who was just called up by the Dodgers from Triple-A Albuquerque.
Pederson won the Pacific Coast League MVP Award after batting .303/.435/.582 with 33 home runs and 30 stolen bases over 121 games this season. It’s an open question how much playing time he’ll get, but Don Mattingly now has good young player at his disposal who can handle all three outfield positions.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 42
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 46
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 50
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)