Sep 1, 2014, 5:15 PM EST
Lots of minor leaguers will make their way to the bigs starting today as minor league seasons end and major league rosters expand. One of the better ones coming up is Joc Pederson, who was just called up by the Dodgers from Triple-A Albuquerque.
Pederson won the Pacific Coast League MVP Award after batting .303/.435/.582 with 33 home runs and 30 stolen bases over 121 games this season. It’s an open question how much playing time he’ll get, but Don Mattingly now has good young player at his disposal who can handle all three outfield positions.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 68
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 158
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (160)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)