Sep 1, 2014, 5:15 PM EST
Lots of minor leaguers will make their way to the bigs starting today as minor league seasons end and major league rosters expand. One of the better ones coming up is Joc Pederson, who was just called up by the Dodgers from Triple-A Albuquerque.
Pederson won the Pacific Coast League MVP Award after batting .303/.435/.582 with 33 home runs and 30 stolen bases over 121 games this season. It’s an open question how much playing time he’ll get, but Don Mattingly now has good young player at his disposal who can handle all three outfield positions.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 25
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 87
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)