Sep 2, 2014, 10:01 AM EDT
Or possibly re-injured it. Point is that he left last night’s win against the Dodgers with back problems.
Matt Williams called it back stiffness. LaRoche missed a game with that last week, but Williams says it’s worse this time. Thankfully the Nats have a big enough lead in the NL East where they can rest him as much as he needs and have him ready for October.
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 6
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 1
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 3
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 31
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 79
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (116)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)