Sep 2, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
Periodically the gambling/oddsmaking website Bovada sends out the odds for various baseball things. Playoff and World Series chances. Awards odds. Things like that. Today they sent one with World Series odds and postseason awards odds.
The odds to win the World Series break down like you’d expect. At the moment the Angels are the favorites at 5/1. The team with the least chance but for which Bovada still calculates odds is the Padres at 500/1. Everyone else has been taken off the board.
But the most fun set of odds comes for the NL Awards:
Anyone wanna make an argument to the contrary?
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)