Sep 2, 2014, 6:32 PM EDT
From the official Twitter account of the Arizona Diamondbacks …
— Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) September 2, 2014
Pollock missed three months with a fractured right hand that required surgery. He is in the Diamondbacks’ lineup for the first time since May 31 on Tuesday night against the Reds. The 26-year-old center fielder was batting .216/.366/.554 with six home runs and eight stolen bases in 52 games before suffering the injury.
Owings missed over two months with a dislocated left shoulder. He is not in Arizona’s starting lineup on Tuesday but should return Wednesday. The shortstop was batting .277/.313/.458 with six homers and seven steals in 72 games and might have won 2014 NL Rookie of the Year honors had his health cooperated.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 0
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 18
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 38
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 15
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 71
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4