Sep 2, 2014, 5:40 PM EST
Wacha made just one minor-league rehab start, throwing 34 pitches Sunday at Double-A, so he’ll be on a pitch count limit the first time out and will have to build back his arm strength in the majors.
Wacha last started for the Cardinals on June 17. He had a 2.79 ERA in 15 starts before being shut down, giving the 23-year-old right-hander a 2.78 ERA in 155 innings since debuting last season.
And now he’ll return to kick off a four-game battle for first place in Milwaukee.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)