Sep 2, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
Wacha made just one minor-league rehab start, throwing 34 pitches Sunday at Double-A, so he’ll be on a pitch count limit the first time out and will have to build back his arm strength in the majors.
Wacha last started for the Cardinals on June 17. He had a 2.79 ERA in 15 starts before being shut down, giving the 23-year-old right-hander a 2.78 ERA in 155 innings since debuting last season.
And now he’ll return to kick off a four-game battle for first place in Milwaukee.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)