Sep 2, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
Wacha made just one minor-league rehab start, throwing 34 pitches Sunday at Double-A, so he’ll be on a pitch count limit the first time out and will have to build back his arm strength in the majors.
Wacha last started for the Cardinals on June 17. He had a 2.79 ERA in 15 starts before being shut down, giving the 23-year-old right-hander a 2.78 ERA in 155 innings since debuting last season.
And now he’ll return to kick off a four-game battle for first place in Milwaukee.
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 0
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 10
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 140
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 101
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (140)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)