Sep 2, 2014, 1:13 PM EDT
Polanco went 4-for-26 (.153) during his brief demotion and was in a nasty two-month slump before being sent down, hitting just .204 with a .564 in his last 40 games. But with rosters expanding and the Triple-A season over there was no reason to leave him in the minors and he could see some part-time work down the stretch.
Travis Snider and most recently Andrew Lambo have been serving as the Pirates’ starting right fielders.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 36
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 51
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 49
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)