Sep 2, 2014, 1:13 PM EST
Polanco went 4-for-26 (.153) during his brief demotion and was in a nasty two-month slump before being sent down, hitting just .204 with a .564 in his last 40 games. But with rosters expanding and the Triple-A season over there was no reason to leave him in the minors and he could see some part-time work down the stretch.
Travis Snider and most recently Andrew Lambo have been serving as the Pirates’ starting right fielders.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 17
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 32
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 110
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 45
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (110)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)