Sep 3, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
After a particularly brutal stretch in a career-worst season wrecked by shoulder problems David Wright is 6-for-13 (.462) with two doubles in his last three games.
That’s not much, really, but it’s enough to get the Mets third baseman to say “it’s nice to feel dangerous at the plate” and “it’s nice to feel comfortable” one week after admitting he still wasn’t 100 percent healthy.
He snapped an 84 plate appearance streak without an extra-base hit and looked good enough that manager Terry Collins said all sorts of optimistic stuff to Mike Vorkunov of the Newark Star Ledger, although the fact that a half-dozen hits sparks this sort of reaction from Wright and Collins is perhaps the clearest look yet at just how miserable his whole season has been.
Overall he’s hitting .268 with eight homers and a .694 OPS in 129 games.
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 34
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 133
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (285)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)