I’m not sure how I’d feel about becoming a citizen of Puig Nation

Sep 3, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT

I don’t have to tell you all how much of a Yasiel Puig fanboy I am. I love the guy! But this definitely gives me pause:

I can’t imagine the trains run on time in Puig Nation. And as Twitter follower Half Empty noted this morning, “Trains? I’d be more worried about all the stop signs being ignored.” I imagine Puig Nation would be a fun place, but boy-howdy would it be chaotic and occasionally dangerous. Plus, we’d always be at war with someone or other. Probably too much hassle to move there.

In other news, I do feel like it’s necessary to say that, no Puig showing up five minutes before workouts yesterday was not cool, especially considering he didn’t know he had the day off until he got there. Bad form, especially considering how poorly Puig played in the month of August. Maybe it isn’t fair, but you get more leeway when you’re raking, and he ain’t raking.

Anyway, I say it’s necessary, because I realize my Puig-love often gets me accused of defending every single thing he does. Even if I don’t think it’s the end of the world or a reasonable basis for 1000-word thinkpieces about his mental state and the future of our children, I don’t defend this sort of thing.

1. asimonetti88 - Sep 3, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Still safer than Raider Nation.

• Rich Stowe - Sep 3, 2014 at 10:55 AM

and not as bandwaggony as Red Sox Nation or Patriot Nation

however, it’s not as sad as Cubs Nation

• scoutsaysweitersisabust - Sep 3, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Join Bird Land. It’s in a transitional phase.

• SocraticGadfly - Sep 3, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Clubs are more dangerous than flying bat flips?

2. nbjays - Sep 3, 2014 at 11:08 AM

” …would be a fun place, but boy-howdy would it be chaotic and occasionally dangerous. Plus, we’d always be at war with someone or other…”

Sounds a lot like the U.S.

• historiophiliac - Sep 3, 2014 at 1:46 PM

Yes, but at the end you get to pee in the Diamondbacks’ pool!

• nbjays - Sep 3, 2014 at 2:00 PM

Makes it worthwhile right there!

3. perryt200 - Sep 3, 2014 at 11:18 AM

After the first couple of years it would be the greatest place on earth. Very similar to my own plan. We don’t actually go out and kill all the stupid people, we just remove all the warning labels off everything and let things sort themselves out.

Besides how could a trust the warning of someone that picked the Rangers to be in the World Series?

• Craig Calcaterra - Sep 3, 2014 at 11:42 AM

My predictions are always a train wreck, but this year’s were WAY more trainwrecky than usual.

• SocraticGadfly - Sep 3, 2014 at 12:05 PM

Well, about everybody picked the stRangers to win the west. Craig, you’re not alone, except for going beyond that to ride them in the playoffs. That said, let’s hope you and two others are right about the NL Central.

• thomas844 - Sep 3, 2014 at 12:41 PM

There’s no way you could have known that basically every important player on the roster would get injured.

4. rosiebrowne5 - Sep 3, 2014 at 2:15 PM

my neighbor’s half-sister makes $75 /hour on the computer . She has been fired for eight months but last month her payment was $17951 just working on the computer for a few hours.
    visit. >>>>>> http://www.g00.me/bhDjM

• ch0psuey - Sep 3, 2014 at 3:28 PM

My half-sister from another marriage’s cousin who I met once had a friend that her uncle was familiar with from his work buddy that talked about a place that he heard from his father that he knew but doesnt now

5. 4cornersfan - Sep 3, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Craig, you’re such a wimp. I bet you wouldn’t want to tour Willy Wonka’s factory, either.

Who's outside looking in on playoffs?
  1. R. Castillo (3004)