Sep 3, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
I don’t have to tell you all how much of a Yasiel Puig fanboy I am. I love the guy! But this definitely gives me pause:
I can’t imagine the trains run on time in Puig Nation. And as Twitter follower Half Empty noted this morning, “Trains? I’d be more worried about all the stop signs being ignored.” I imagine Puig Nation would be a fun place, but boy-howdy would it be chaotic and occasionally dangerous. Plus, we’d always be at war with someone or other. Probably too much hassle to move there.
In other news, I do feel like it’s necessary to say that, no Puig showing up five minutes before workouts yesterday was not cool, especially considering he didn’t know he had the day off until he got there. Bad form, especially considering how poorly Puig played in the month of August. Maybe it isn’t fair, but you get more leeway when you’re raking, and he ain’t raking.
Anyway, I say it’s necessary, because I realize my Puig-love often gets me accused of defending every single thing he does. Even if I don’t think it’s the end of the world or a reasonable basis for 1000-word thinkpieces about his mental state and the future of our children, I don’t defend this sort of thing.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 42
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 57
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)