Sep 3, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
I don’t have to tell you all how much of a Yasiel Puig fanboy I am. I love the guy! But this definitely gives me pause:
I can’t imagine the trains run on time in Puig Nation. And as Twitter follower Half Empty noted this morning, “Trains? I’d be more worried about all the stop signs being ignored.” I imagine Puig Nation would be a fun place, but boy-howdy would it be chaotic and occasionally dangerous. Plus, we’d always be at war with someone or other. Probably too much hassle to move there.
In other news, I do feel like it’s necessary to say that, no Puig showing up five minutes before workouts yesterday was not cool, especially considering he didn’t know he had the day off until he got there. Bad form, especially considering how poorly Puig played in the month of August. Maybe it isn’t fair, but you get more leeway when you’re raking, and he ain’t raking.
Anyway, I say it’s necessary, because I realize my Puig-love often gets me accused of defending every single thing he does. Even if I don’t think it’s the end of the world or a reasonable basis for 1000-word thinkpieces about his mental state and the future of our children, I don’t defend this sort of thing.
- The beauty of belief 0
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 27
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 14
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 67
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 15
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)