Sep 3, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
I don’t have to tell you all how much of a Yasiel Puig fanboy I am. I love the guy! But this definitely gives me pause:
I can’t imagine the trains run on time in Puig Nation. And as Twitter follower Half Empty noted this morning, “Trains? I’d be more worried about all the stop signs being ignored.” I imagine Puig Nation would be a fun place, but boy-howdy would it be chaotic and occasionally dangerous. Plus, we’d always be at war with someone or other. Probably too much hassle to move there.
In other news, I do feel like it’s necessary to say that, no Puig showing up five minutes before workouts yesterday was not cool, especially considering he didn’t know he had the day off until he got there. Bad form, especially considering how poorly Puig played in the month of August. Maybe it isn’t fair, but you get more leeway when you’re raking, and he ain’t raking.
Anyway, I say it’s necessary, because I realize my Puig-love often gets me accused of defending every single thing he does. Even if I don’t think it’s the end of the world or a reasonable basis for 1000-word thinkpieces about his mental state and the future of our children, I don’t defend this sort of thing.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (294)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)