Sep 3, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Man, it was an embarrassment of pitching riches at Dodger Stadium last night. In addition to Clayton Kershaw throwing his usual eight dominant innings, the ceremonial first pitch was pretty darn good too.
Check out Little League World Series sensation Mo’ne Davis fire a strike — a low strike with good movement — from the mound last night:
They all should be like that. They can’t be because most of us can’t throw with a diddly durn, but they all should be.
Jun 2, 2015, 11:59 PM EDT
Some positive news here for the Diamondbacks …
Jun 2, 2015, 11:12 PM EDT
Veteran right-hander Justin Verlander was hoping to join the Tigers after making just one minor league rehab start, but he got shelled for three runs on six hits and two walks Sunday in a …
Jun 2, 2015, 10:36 PM EDT
Matt Holliday had reached base in 45 straight games to open the 2015 season — both a National League and Cardinals franchise record.
Jun 2, 2015, 9:41 PM EDT
Cubs right fielder Jorge Soler is absent from the starting lineup Tuesday night against the Marlins because of an ankle injury that he suffered late Monday while running out a ball to first base.
Jun 2, 2015, 9:24 PM EDT
Gallo registered a pair of 40-homer seasons in the minor leagues and is now having an immediate impact as Adrian Beltre’s temporary fill-in at third base.
Jun 2, 2015, 8:57 PM EDT
Rangers third base prospect Joey Gallo is making his major league debut on Tuesday night at Globe Life Park and smacked a two-run single in his first major league plate appearance …
Jun 2, 2015, 8:03 PM EDT
Hamilton entered play Tuesday night with a weak .223 batting average and .262 on-base percentage, but his defense has remained excellent.
Jun 2, 2015, 7:18 PM EDT
Alonso is starting at first base and batting fifth for the Friars on Tuesday night against the visiting Mets. It will be his first major league game since May 7.
Jun 2, 2015, 6:25 PM EDT
Athletics left-hander Scott Kazmir had to make an early exit from a start last Wednesday against the Tigers after experiencing tightness in his throwing shoulder, but he made it through a …
Jun 2, 2015, 5:13 PM EDT
Could this be a preview of a more permanent move?
Jun 2, 2015, 5:03 PM EDT
Gerardo Parra will be an everyday player with Davis out.
Jun 2, 2015, 4:33 PM EDT
Sometimes you watch the outfielders to see if the ball is going out. Sometimes that doesn’t work.
Jun 2, 2015, 4:10 PM EDT
Hamilton has played seven games in his return to the Rangers.
Jun 2, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
Amazingly, no Kansas City Royals are leading the NL All-Star voting.
Jun 2, 2015, 2:42 PM EDT
It’s a second career that makes a lot of sense for Slowey.
Jun 2, 2015, 2:12 PM EDT
Unless you cover soccer, it’s a slow news day. So let’s play a game.
Jun 2, 2015, 1:13 PM EDT
Van Slyke has been pushed into extended action by injuries to Carl Crawford and Yasiel Puig.
Jun 2, 2015, 11:32 AM EDT
And he’s no longer worried about offense.
Jun 2, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
The Nats’ would-be ace has been anything like it this season and now he’s on the shelf.
Jun 2, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Once among the best all-around players in baseball, Sizemore’s career was wrecked by injuries.
- Matt Holliday’s historical on-base streak ends with ejection 25
- Video: Joey Gallo goes way deep in second MLB at-bat 3
- Video: Joey Gallo’s first career plate appearance in the major leagues results in two runs scoring 8
- Scott Kazmir cleared to return to A’s rotation Friday 0
- Bryce Harper continues to lead N.L All-Star voting; Buster Posey passes Yadier Molina 19
- Rob Manfred expects there to be spring training games in Cuba next year 13
- Stephen Strasburg has a left trapezius strain 19
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 106
- Stan Hack didn’t hack and other inappropriate baseball names (182)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (150)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (133)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (106)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)