Sep 3, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
Vin Scully is coming back for another year in the Dodgers broadcast booth in 2015, but he may cut it back. Scully already limits road trips to Arizona, San Francisco, Anaheim and San Diego, but next year he may just do Dodgers home games plus the interleague games in Anaheim. From Bill Shaikin at the L.A. Times:
“I’m going to go to Anaheim for sure,” Scully said Tuesday night. “But I’m going to try to cut back on nights on the road. I really want to spend more time at home.”
Scully is reserving the right to do road games in San Francisco, Arizona and San Diego if the Dodgers are in contention, but will likely sit them out early in the season.
Guy has earned the right to do whatever the hell he wants, of course. And a bit more than 50% of Dodgers games with Scully is better than no Dodgers games with Scully.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69