Sep 4, 2014, 1:41 PM EDT
You’ll recall that Anthony Bosch was arrested and charged with conspiracy to distribute steroids last month.The Daily News reports that he’ll plead guilty next month, but that we may not know his sentence for a while:
Bosch was charged with conspiracy to distribute testosterone, and faces up to 10 years in prison, although his sentence could be drastically reduced as a result of his cooperation with investigators. Lewis said prosecutors will not make a sentencing recommendation until the cases against the other defendants are wrapped up, a process that could take several years.
Multiple other parties were arrested. Some have pleaded not guilty so, yes, it’s going to be a while. I presume Bosch will be a witness in their cases. Which, again, seems rather nuts to me. By all accounts he was the top of this distribution chain yet, once again, he’s going to be the guy getting the light treatment compared to the smaller fish. Drug users, like A-Rod. Distributors down the line from him, like sports trainers and coaches who gave athletes his wares.
Not a bad result if you’re a drug dealer who gets arrested.
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 30
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 14
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 67
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86