Sep 4, 2014, 1:41 PM EDT
You’ll recall that Anthony Bosch was arrested and charged with conspiracy to distribute steroids last month.The Daily News reports that he’ll plead guilty next month, but that we may not know his sentence for a while:
Bosch was charged with conspiracy to distribute testosterone, and faces up to 10 years in prison, although his sentence could be drastically reduced as a result of his cooperation with investigators. Lewis said prosecutors will not make a sentencing recommendation until the cases against the other defendants are wrapped up, a process that could take several years.
Multiple other parties were arrested. Some have pleaded not guilty so, yes, it’s going to be a while. I presume Bosch will be a witness in their cases. Which, again, seems rather nuts to me. By all accounts he was the top of this distribution chain yet, once again, he’s going to be the guy getting the light treatment compared to the smaller fish. Drug users, like A-Rod. Distributors down the line from him, like sports trainers and coaches who gave athletes his wares.
Not a bad result if you’re a drug dealer who gets arrested.
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 18
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 86
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 56
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (86)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)