Sep 4, 2014, 1:41 PM EDT
You’ll recall that Anthony Bosch was arrested and charged with conspiracy to distribute steroids last month.The Daily News reports that he’ll plead guilty next month, but that we may not know his sentence for a while:
Bosch was charged with conspiracy to distribute testosterone, and faces up to 10 years in prison, although his sentence could be drastically reduced as a result of his cooperation with investigators. Lewis said prosecutors will not make a sentencing recommendation until the cases against the other defendants are wrapped up, a process that could take several years.
Multiple other parties were arrested. Some have pleaded not guilty so, yes, it’s going to be a while. I presume Bosch will be a witness in their cases. Which, again, seems rather nuts to me. By all accounts he was the top of this distribution chain yet, once again, he’s going to be the guy getting the light treatment compared to the smaller fish. Drug users, like A-Rod. Distributors down the line from him, like sports trainers and coaches who gave athletes his wares.
Not a bad result if you’re a drug dealer who gets arrested.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)