Sep 4, 2014, 1:41 PM EDT
You’ll recall that Anthony Bosch was arrested and charged with conspiracy to distribute steroids last month.The Daily News reports that he’ll plead guilty next month, but that we may not know his sentence for a while:
Bosch was charged with conspiracy to distribute testosterone, and faces up to 10 years in prison, although his sentence could be drastically reduced as a result of his cooperation with investigators. Lewis said prosecutors will not make a sentencing recommendation until the cases against the other defendants are wrapped up, a process that could take several years.
Multiple other parties were arrested. Some have pleaded not guilty so, yes, it’s going to be a while. I presume Bosch will be a witness in their cases. Which, again, seems rather nuts to me. By all accounts he was the top of this distribution chain yet, once again, he’s going to be the guy getting the light treatment compared to the smaller fish. Drug users, like A-Rod. Distributors down the line from him, like sports trainers and coaches who gave athletes his wares.
Not a bad result if you’re a drug dealer who gets arrested.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)