Sep 4, 2014, 3:56 PM EST
The Reds have announced it:
Homer Bailey to have surgery tomorrow to repair torn tendon in right forearm.
— Cincinnati Reds (@Reds) September 4, 2014
The Reds and Bailey were going back and forth between Bailey undergoing surgery or getting a second platelet-rich plasma injection and embarking on a strengthening and conditioning program. Surgery won.
Bailey was 9-5 in 23 starts this year with an ERA of 3.71. He is not certain to be ready for the start of next season as a result of the surgery, though he wouldn’t be expected to miss a huge part of the year either. That’s a different arm surgery.
- Blue Jays acquire Josh Donaldson in a trade with the Athletics 40
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)