Sep 4, 2014, 3:56 PM EDT
The Reds have announced it:
Homer Bailey to have surgery tomorrow to repair torn tendon in right forearm.
— Cincinnati Reds (@Reds) September 4, 2014
The Reds and Bailey were going back and forth between Bailey undergoing surgery or getting a second platelet-rich plasma injection and embarking on a strengthening and conditioning program. Surgery won.
Bailey was 9-5 in 23 starts this year with an ERA of 3.71. He is not certain to be ready for the start of next season as a result of the surgery, though he wouldn’t be expected to miss a huge part of the year either. That’s a different arm surgery.
- Report: Mets “pushing very hard” for Carlos Gomez 10
- Rangers “now clear-cut favorites” for Cole Hamels 38
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 56
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 66
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 47
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)