Sep 4, 2014, 3:56 PM EDT
The Reds have announced it:
Homer Bailey to have surgery tomorrow to repair torn tendon in right forearm.
— Cincinnati Reds (@Reds) September 4, 2014
The Reds and Bailey were going back and forth between Bailey undergoing surgery or getting a second platelet-rich plasma injection and embarking on a strengthening and conditioning program. Surgery won.
Bailey was 9-5 in 23 starts this year with an ERA of 3.71. He is not certain to be ready for the start of next season as a result of the surgery, though he wouldn’t be expected to miss a huge part of the year either. That’s a different arm surgery.
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 27
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 19
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 34
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)