Sep 4, 2014, 3:56 PM EST
The Reds have announced it:
Homer Bailey to have surgery tomorrow to repair torn tendon in right forearm.
— Cincinnati Reds (@Reds) September 4, 2014
The Reds and Bailey were going back and forth between Bailey undergoing surgery or getting a second platelet-rich plasma injection and embarking on a strengthening and conditioning program. Surgery won.
Bailey was 9-5 in 23 starts this year with an ERA of 3.71. He is not certain to be ready for the start of next season as a result of the surgery, though he wouldn’t be expected to miss a huge part of the year either. That’s a different arm surgery.
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 64
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 22
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)