Sep 4, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
Adams reported feeling some soreness in his oblique after yesterday’s game. He’s considered “day-to-day” for now, but the Cardinals might have to make due without him for a little bit, as these type of injuries can be rather tricky.
On a related note, the Cardinals promoted Xavier Scruggs earlier today and he’s making his major league debut at first base in tonight’s game against the Brewers. The 26-year-old batted .286/.370/.494 with 21 home runs and 87 RBI over 135 games this season with Triple-A Memphis.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)