Sep 4, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
Adams reported feeling some soreness in his oblique after yesterday’s game. He’s considered “day-to-day” for now, but the Cardinals might have to make due without him for a little bit, as these type of injuries can be rather tricky.
On a related note, the Cardinals promoted Xavier Scruggs earlier today and he’s making his major league debut at first base in tonight’s game against the Brewers. The 26-year-old batted .286/.370/.494 with 21 home runs and 87 RBI over 135 games this season with Triple-A Memphis.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 14
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 26
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 54
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 68
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 85
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)