Sep 4, 2014, 7:01 PM EST
Adams reported feeling some soreness in his oblique after yesterday’s game. He’s considered “day-to-day” for now, but the Cardinals might have to make due without him for a little bit, as these type of injuries can be rather tricky.
On a related note, the Cardinals promoted Xavier Scruggs earlier today and he’s making his major league debut at first base in tonight’s game against the Brewers. The 26-year-old batted .286/.370/.494 with 21 home runs and 87 RBI over 135 games this season with Triple-A Memphis.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 19
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (91)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)