Sep 4, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
Adams reported feeling some soreness in his oblique after yesterday’s game. He’s considered “day-to-day” for now, but the Cardinals might have to make due without him for a little bit, as these type of injuries can be rather tricky.
On a related note, the Cardinals promoted Xavier Scruggs earlier today and he’s making his major league debut at first base in tonight’s game against the Brewers. The 26-year-old batted .286/.370/.494 with 21 home runs and 87 RBI over 135 games this season with Triple-A Memphis.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)