Sep 4, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
Adams reported feeling some soreness in his oblique after yesterday’s game. He’s considered “day-to-day” for now, but the Cardinals might have to make due without him for a little bit, as these type of injuries can be rather tricky.
On a related note, the Cardinals promoted Xavier Scruggs earlier today and he’s making his major league debut at first base in tonight’s game against the Brewers. The 26-year-old batted .286/.370/.494 with 21 home runs and 87 RBI over 135 games this season with Triple-A Memphis.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 22
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 15
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 78
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 53
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (280)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)