Sep 4, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
It’s the first major step in a long road back for Moore, who prior to blowing out his elbow had emerged as one of the best young pitchers in baseball with his first All-Star appearance last season and a 3.53 ERA with 339 strikeouts in 347 innings through age 25.
Tampa Bay will no doubt be cautious with Moore’s recovery timetable, so don’t expect him to be ready for Opening Day next season and his sitting out most of the first half seems possible.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)