Sep 4, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
It’s the first major step in a long road back for Moore, who prior to blowing out his elbow had emerged as one of the best young pitchers in baseball with his first All-Star appearance last season and a 3.53 ERA with 339 strikeouts in 347 innings through age 25.
Tampa Bay will no doubt be cautious with Moore’s recovery timetable, so don’t expect him to be ready for Opening Day next season and his sitting out most of the first half seems possible.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)