Sep 4, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
It’s the first major step in a long road back for Moore, who prior to blowing out his elbow had emerged as one of the best young pitchers in baseball with his first All-Star appearance last season and a 3.53 ERA with 339 strikeouts in 347 innings through age 25.
Tampa Bay will no doubt be cautious with Moore’s recovery timetable, so don’t expect him to be ready for Opening Day next season and his sitting out most of the first half seems possible.
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 33
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 6
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 25
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 33
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 88
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)