Sep 4, 2014, 5:02 PM EST
The Indians are still technically in contention, but this news about Mike Aviles doesn’t make things any easier:
Francona: Aviles dealing with concussion symptoms. No need in September to be on MLB 7-day list, but still following proper protocol.
— Jordan Bastian (@MLBastian) September 4, 2014
Aviles left Monday’s game after he made a diving catch and felt light-headed and dizzy.
Aviles is no All-Star, but he has played six different positions of the Indians this year, giving Terry Francona a lot of depth. Luckily it’s September and expanded rosters can help alleviate that a bit.
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 4
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 133
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 42
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 371
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (371)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (133)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (87)