Sep 4, 2014, 5:02 PM EDT
The Indians are still technically in contention, but this news about Mike Aviles doesn’t make things any easier:
Francona: Aviles dealing with concussion symptoms. No need in September to be on MLB 7-day list, but still following proper protocol.
— Jordan Bastian (@MLBastian) September 4, 2014
Aviles left Monday’s game after he made a diving catch and felt light-headed and dizzy.
Aviles is no All-Star, but he has played six different positions of the Indians this year, giving Terry Francona a lot of depth. Luckily it’s September and expanded rosters can help alleviate that a bit.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)