Sep 4, 2014, 5:02 PM EST
The Indians are still technically in contention, but this news about Mike Aviles doesn’t make things any easier:
Francona: Aviles dealing with concussion symptoms. No need in September to be on MLB 7-day list, but still following proper protocol.
— Jordan Bastian (@MLBastian) September 4, 2014
Aviles left Monday’s game after he made a diving catch and felt light-headed and dizzy.
Aviles is no All-Star, but he has played six different positions of the Indians this year, giving Terry Francona a lot of depth. Luckily it’s September and expanded rosters can help alleviate that a bit.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 142
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 66
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (142)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)