Sep 4, 2014, 5:02 PM EST
The Indians are still technically in contention, but this news about Mike Aviles doesn’t make things any easier:
Francona: Aviles dealing with concussion symptoms. No need in September to be on MLB 7-day list, but still following proper protocol.
— Jordan Bastian (@MLBastian) September 4, 2014
Aviles left Monday’s game after he made a diving catch and felt light-headed and dizzy.
Aviles is no All-Star, but he has played six different positions of the Indians this year, giving Terry Francona a lot of depth. Luckily it’s September and expanded rosters can help alleviate that a bit.
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 33
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 30
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 94
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (95)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)