Sep 4, 2014, 6:29 PM EDT
Ryan Braun left the Brewers yesterday to be present for the birth of his first child and he will miss his second straight game tonight as his team begins an important four-game series against the first-place Cardinals. However, the Brewers announced late this afternoon that is well with the baby and Braun is expected to return tomorrow. Good news.
Braun, 30, is batting .275/.327/.480 with 18 home runs and 77 RBI over 114 games this year. Much like the Brewers, he has faded as the season has gone along, putting up a meager .208 batting average, four homers, and a .613 OPS over his last 32 games. He has been playing through a nerve problem in his right hand for almost the entire season, so a couple of days off could be beneficial for him.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)