Sep 4, 2014, 6:29 PM EDT
Ryan Braun left the Brewers yesterday to be present for the birth of his first child and he will miss his second straight game tonight as his team begins an important four-game series against the first-place Cardinals. However, the Brewers announced late this afternoon that is well with the baby and Braun is expected to return tomorrow. Good news.
Braun, 30, is batting .275/.327/.480 with 18 home runs and 77 RBI over 114 games this year. Much like the Brewers, he has faded as the season has gone along, putting up a meager .208 batting average, four homers, and a .613 OPS over his last 32 games. He has been playing through a nerve problem in his right hand for almost the entire season, so a couple of days off could be beneficial for him.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 3
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 17
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)