Sep 4, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT
Jon Heyman reports that the Yankees intend to offer GM Brian Cashman a new contract. Why?
Yankees higher-ups are impressed with Cashman’s in-season pickups, including starterBrandon McCarthy, infielder/outfielder Martin Prado and third baseman Chase Headley, and sources say they fairly don’t blame him for the underperformance of some of their established veteran hitters . . .
One wonders who the Yankees blame for the team not developing any position players of note in several years, but it apparently is not Cashman. Or, if it is, they’re willing to overlook it.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 17
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)