Sep 4, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
Tommy Milone has been horrible for the Twins since coming over in a trade from the A’s on July 31 and now he’s been scratched from his scheduled Sunday start with what the team is calling a “tired arm.”
Milone has allowed 21 runs in 21 innings for the Twins spread over five starts, including a 12/11 K/BB ratio. He lasted just 3.2 innings Tuesday versus the White Sox.
Logan Darnell–who’s one of the Twins’ many September call-ups–seems like the leading candidate to make the spot start in Milone’s place against the Angels.
Sam Fuld, the journeyman outfielder Minnesota traded to Oakland for Milone, has hit .228 with a .602 OPS in 31 games since the swap.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 23
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 4
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 7
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 32
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)