Sep 4, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
Tommy Milone has been horrible for the Twins since coming over in a trade from the A’s on July 31 and now he’s been scratched from his scheduled Sunday start with what the team is calling a “tired arm.”
Milone has allowed 21 runs in 21 innings for the Twins spread over five starts, including a 12/11 K/BB ratio. He lasted just 3.2 innings Tuesday versus the White Sox.
Logan Darnell–who’s one of the Twins’ many September call-ups–seems like the leading candidate to make the spot start in Milone’s place against the Angels.
Sam Fuld, the journeyman outfielder Minnesota traded to Oakland for Milone, has hit .228 with a .602 OPS in 31 games since the swap.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)