Sep 4, 2014, 5:40 PM EST
Tommy Milone has been horrible for the Twins since coming over in a trade from the A’s on July 31 and now he’s been scratched from his scheduled Sunday start with what the team is calling a “tired arm.”
Milone has allowed 21 runs in 21 innings for the Twins spread over five starts, including a 12/11 K/BB ratio. He lasted just 3.2 innings Tuesday versus the White Sox.
Logan Darnell–who’s one of the Twins’ many September call-ups–seems like the leading candidate to make the spot start in Milone’s place against the Angels.
Sam Fuld, the journeyman outfielder Minnesota traded to Oakland for Milone, has hit .228 with a .602 OPS in 31 games since the swap.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 77
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 160
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 34
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (160)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)