Sep 4, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
Tommy Milone has been horrible for the Twins since coming over in a trade from the A’s on July 31 and now he’s been scratched from his scheduled Sunday start with what the team is calling a “tired arm.”
Milone has allowed 21 runs in 21 innings for the Twins spread over five starts, including a 12/11 K/BB ratio. He lasted just 3.2 innings Tuesday versus the White Sox.
Logan Darnell–who’s one of the Twins’ many September call-ups–seems like the leading candidate to make the spot start in Milone’s place against the Angels.
Sam Fuld, the journeyman outfielder Minnesota traded to Oakland for Milone, has hit .228 with a .602 OPS in 31 games since the swap.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)