Sep 4, 2014, 5:40 PM EST
Tommy Milone has been horrible for the Twins since coming over in a trade from the A’s on July 31 and now he’s been scratched from his scheduled Sunday start with what the team is calling a “tired arm.”
Milone has allowed 21 runs in 21 innings for the Twins spread over five starts, including a 12/11 K/BB ratio. He lasted just 3.2 innings Tuesday versus the White Sox.
Logan Darnell–who’s one of the Twins’ many September call-ups–seems like the leading candidate to make the spot start in Milone’s place against the Angels.
Sam Fuld, the journeyman outfielder Minnesota traded to Oakland for Milone, has hit .228 with a .602 OPS in 31 games since the swap.
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 2
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 22
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 22
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)