Sep 5, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Diamondbacks right-hander Brad Ziegler revealed that he’s been pitching through a knee injury since late June and the side-arming reliever is scheduled to get a second opinion from a specialist in Los Angeles.
Ziegler told Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic that the injury limits his workout routine more than it limits his actual pitching on the mound, but either way he has a 5.70 ERA in 24 innings since July 1 after posting a 2.34 ERA from April through June.
He may need arthroscopic surgery, but the 34-year-old is hoping to avoid going the knife if at all possible.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)