Sep 5, 2014, 9:50 AM EDT
Alex Speier of WEEI reports that the Red Sox are considering shutting down Koji Uehara. This after he gave up two homers in the ninth inning last night and after he has allowed 10 runs in his last four and two-thirds.
John Farrell said last night that the team will think about whether to give him an extended rest or to totally shut him down. Worth noting, of course, that he had an eight-game rest before his past couple of performances. Also worth noting that he’s 39 and the Sox aren’t really playing for anything else in the final few weeks of the season.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)