Sep 5, 2014, 9:50 AM EDT
Alex Speier of WEEI reports that the Red Sox are considering shutting down Koji Uehara. This after he gave up two homers in the ninth inning last night and after he has allowed 10 runs in his last four and two-thirds.
John Farrell said last night that the team will think about whether to give him an extended rest or to totally shut him down. Worth noting, of course, that he had an eight-game rest before his past couple of performances. Also worth noting that he’s 39 and the Sox aren’t really playing for anything else in the final few weeks of the season.
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 0
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 84
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 63
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 76
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)