Sep 5, 2014, 9:50 AM EDT
Alex Speier of WEEI reports that the Red Sox are considering shutting down Koji Uehara. This after he gave up two homers in the ninth inning last night and after he has allowed 10 runs in his last four and two-thirds.
John Farrell said last night that the team will think about whether to give him an extended rest or to totally shut him down. Worth noting, of course, that he had an eight-game rest before his past couple of performances. Also worth noting that he’s 39 and the Sox aren’t really playing for anything else in the final few weeks of the season.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 85
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (85)