Sep 5, 2014, 9:50 AM EDT
Alex Speier of WEEI reports that the Red Sox are considering shutting down Koji Uehara. This after he gave up two homers in the ninth inning last night and after he has allowed 10 runs in his last four and two-thirds.
John Farrell said last night that the team will think about whether to give him an extended rest or to totally shut him down. Worth noting, of course, that he had an eight-game rest before his past couple of performances. Also worth noting that he’s 39 and the Sox aren’t really playing for anything else in the final few weeks of the season.
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 65
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)