Dec 16, 2014, 2:40 PM EST
An outfielder-for-reliever swap.
Dec 16, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Descalso was a semi-regular in St. Louis for the past four seasons.
Dec 16, 2014, 12:42 PM EST
Capuano had a 4.35 ERA and 84/34 K/BB ratio in 97 innings for the Yankees and Red Sox in 2014.
Dec 16, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
Petit played 37 games for Houston this past season, hitting .278 with a .723 OPS while seeing action at shortstop, second base, and third base.
Dec 16, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
And not having Dan Shaughnessy probably helped, too.
Dec 16, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Johnson had 18 homers and an .815 OPS at Triple-A.
Dec 16, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Some trade candidates include Lonnie Chisenhall of the Indians, Casey McGehee of the Marlins, and Will Middlebrooks of the Red Sox.
Dec 15, 2014, 5:23 PM EST
Anderson was once among the best young left-handers in baseball, but he hasn’t topped 100 innings in a season since 2010.
Dec 15, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Markakis’ “fusion surgery” carries with it an expected eight-week recovery timetable.
Dec 15, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Atlanta will also have a fifth-year team option built into the contract.
Dec 15, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Germen spent parts of the past two seasons in the Mets’ bullpen, posting a combined 4.31 ERA with 64 strikeouts in 65 innings.
Dec 15, 2014, 1:43 PM EST
Blanks was once a top prospect in the Padres’ farm system.
Dec 15, 2014, 12:45 PM EST
Haren is under contract for $10 million in 2015, which the Dodgers essentially paid the Marlins to take whether he retires or not.
Dec 15, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
Fujikawa is 34 years old and still needs to prove that he’s fully recovered from Tommy John elbow surgery.
Dec 15, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
“Everyone thinks you just go over to first base and kind of hide him there, but it’s a tough position.”
Dec 15, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Headley is expected to make his decision soon.
Dec 12, 2014, 5:27 PM EST
For now at least he’s holding out for a four-year deal.
Dec 12, 2014, 1:49 PM EST
The 30-year-old former second-round draft pick was non-tendered by the Angels.
Dec 12, 2014, 11:49 AM EST
Hermida re-signed with the Brewers on a minor-league contract just last month.
Dec 12, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
“It’s all good. I’m good with it.”
Dec 12, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Drew had a miserable 2014 season, but his track record is solid.
Dec 11, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
As a starter Detwiler has a 4.02 ERA in 376 career innings through age 29 and the Rangers apparently plan to put him into the rotation full time.
Dec 11, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
Last offseason Ervin Santana had so much trouble securing a multi-year contract after turning down a qualifying offer that he settled for a one-year, $14.1 million deal with the Braves.
Dec 11, 2014, 12:50 PM EST
Reynolds hit just .196 in 130 games for the Brewers this year.
Dec 11, 2014, 12:18 PM EST
Morales was awful in 2014 after turning down a qualifying offer.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (125)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)